We offer several levels of care within our assisted living community. Each is tailored to the specific needs of our residents.
Traditional Assisted Living is a great option for those who are looking to get involved in social activities or enjoy quiet time in their apartment knowing they will receive a full complement of amenities and assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) to maximize their independence.
Intensive Assisted Living residents receive increased care support due to a functional decline at a cost less than skilled nursing. Residents enjoy the comforts of “home” without interruption while care needs are still met.
Respite Care is a great option for people recently discharged from the hospital or short-term rehabilitation who are looking for an extra safety net before returning home. It is also a great option to support family members who need a break from caring for loved ones at home. We also offer a 60-Day Trial Stay in a furnished apartment for those not quite ready to make the commitment to move to a retirement community in DC.
Social and enriching activities
All Assisted Living residents have many social and enriching activities to choose from each week. Please view our current activities for more information.
Amenities of Assisted Living include:
- Three home-made meals each day plus snacks and beverages.
- A wide variety of programs to choose from including lecture series, art classes, book clubs, wellness and exercise classes and intergenerational program.
- Weekly outings to points of interest and cultural events, shopping trips and other scheduled transportation including medical appointments.
- Assistance, as needed, with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and ambulation.
- Medication management and administration.
- Social services consultations.
- 24/7 on-site emergency nursing assistance.
- All utilities included.
- On-site physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services available